Welcome to the
Temple Abdominal Organ Transplant Program
Temple University Hospital is home to an outstanding team of physicians, nurse coordinators and support staff who specialize in transplantation of abdominal organs.
This team enjoys a record of surgical excellence and decades of experience, and is fully certified by the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) to perform kidney and liver transplantation.
The Abdominal Organ Transplant Program offers patients a full continuum of care in one setting for a wide range of serious conditions. Whatever the condition, whatever the response to initial therapies, patients can receive uninterrupted quality care, from initial evaluation throughout the entire course of therapy, at Temple University Hospital.
The Temple team offers:
- Experience. Temple surgeons are among the most well-trained and experienced in the U.S. and our transplant nephrologists, transplant hepatologists, gastroenterologists, oncologists and interventional radiologists are expert in customizing the best treatment programs for patients with the most serious and complex renal or liver diseases.
- Teamwork. Temple’s experienced transplant staff also includes nurse coordinators, doctors of pharmacy, social workers, nutritionists, and financial counselors—a group that is devoted to providing meticulous care and creating a sense of extended family for each new transplant patient.
- Tradition. The Temple Department of Surgery has a long history of providing advanced surgical and laparoscopic solutions for patients with serious disease. For transplant patients, this enduring legacy of sophisticated surgical care means that novel or alternative approaches are considered whenever appropriate.
- Patient-Focused Care. Transplantation takes a huge emotional toll on patients and family members. The issues are not just clinical, but also family- and work-related, financial, and psychological. That’s why the Temple team builds a close personal relationship with every patient and their referring physician, thereby laying the groundwork for continuity of care, resolution of potential stumbling blocks, and better patient outcomes.
- Multidisciplinary Approach. Temple University Hospital is one of the premier academic medical centers in the U.S. Close collaborations between specialists are routine within this large multidisciplinary environment. This ensures that the Abdominal Organ Transplant Program can manage all the healthcare needs of even the most complex patients.
- New Options and Alternatives. The vibrant integrative research environment at Temple’s health sciences campus means that transplant specialists also routinely participate in medical and surgical research protocols aimed at assisting patients with advanced kidney or liver disease.
The Temple Abdominal Organ Transplant Program is dedicated to improving access to comprehensive transplantation services for the growing number of patients with serious kidney, pancreas, or liver disease.
For more detailed information about the program, please select one of the links below:
Patient Guide to Kidney Transplantation
Please click here to go to the patient guide.